Tuesday, April 16, 2013

First Night Back

Ok, so I was off three weeks, so tonight back was bag smoker.

We started off with some warmup drills, consisting of front and back rolls and a bunch of other funny ways to move. I was sweating by the end of that portion, because our gym isn't air conditioned. It was 80 degrees today, so that many people in an enclosed area made it hot pretty quickly.

After that, we drilled armbars from the guard. I had a lot of fun doing this. Its a move we did in combatives, so I picked it up pretty quickly.

About forty minutes in, we started rolling. I rolled with the teenager (15 or so) again. He good to roll with, because he's just pretty good. He and his little brother both won their division at NAGA Nashville earlier this month. Luckily, I'm bigger than him, and he's not strong enough to really get me in anything I can't get out of. But working with him forces me to focus on my defense because he's aggressive and he's good.

Everybody else I rolled with really just toyed with me. However, I did roll with our blackbelt and got a lot of good info from him. He said I was progressing really well, and I'm leaps and bounds ahead of where I was last time I came in. Its always good to get positive enforcement, especially since I wasn't feelin 100% when I came in today. I've just been falling behind at work and school.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my Gi came in today. I got a black Fuji Victory in A2. Unwashed, it fits perfect, so I need to be careful not to shrink it.

I'm tired and sore, but i"m happy we had a good class. I also found out that our NAGA Nashville team did really well. We sent six competitors and brought home medals in every category we had an entry in, including four golds.


No comments:

Post a Comment